Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Newton's playground, run of bad luck

A bmx comp was held in Bathurst last year that also included bands and dj's, a week of festivities camping on the hill. After our flight to sydney we had to catch a train to some stop then a bus to bathurst, which took a fair bit. On the train we were telling stories and then this dude with his gf that was infront of us, got up and said somthing along the lines of "you guy's should have more respect than that, use are young blokes who deserve better and shouldnt be treating women like that" we went pretty quite after that but the fun didnt stop.

We got into bathurst and set up camp. I didn't have nothing to sleep on in my tent, so i used my bike box as a mattresse and my tent barely stood upright. Alot of drinking got done during the week but not as much as the last night there. Everyone was making it a big one and myself drank anything my hands got too, including drinks i found next to a tree. Me and gentry even joined some campers and ate their food, cooking toast on a stick over a fire.

I woke up in the morning and i was feeling like SHIIIIT. backyard and gentry were nearly done packing up their tent's and i couldnt care less about making it in time for the bus. It was a rush to get my stuff packed and off to the bus we went. Arriving i had to get my bike in the bike box, which was ripped and destroyed. I got some tape to fix my box and took off my front wheel, as i took it off away it went rolling away from me. I grabbed it and got my bike in and started taping. Backyard and gentry where watching from the window and said to themselves "how funny would it be if he ran out of tape" and what do you know, i run out of tape. I get a powerade and on the bus ride i could feel the spew coming, i tryed holding it down as long as possible, thinking that there wasn't no toilet onboard. With the spew only seconds away i look back and see the toilet, i scramble in and spew everywhere, with most of it going on the floor. I walk out and this homeless dude grabs me on the dick. We get to the train station and i grab a water. 1/4 of the bottle gone and i start spewing on the walkway. The train ride goes good and i'm feeling alot better what a fucked day, it possibly cant get any worst.

At the airport i have to fix my bike box up. I take my bike out, fix it up, put her back in and tape it down and off it goes. gentry says "what about ur front wheel" ohh fuck quickly grab the bike box before it went down to luggage, undo my box, put the wheel in and send it off again. We get some food and as we are eating, we hear that our flight is delayed due to mechanical problems and that we get a $15 food voucher. When will this run of bad luck end?

We arrive in brisbane and waiting with backyard for his bike. He gets his bike and we go to leave, walked about 15 metres and he says "where's ur bike?" fuuuck, walk back and get it. Finally the run of bad luck has ended for the day. Terrific weekend though.

3 comments:

  1. wat a sick weekend that was

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was a crazy weekend, kinda bummed they didnt do it again this year

    ReplyDelete
  3. post some updates you shit cunt

    ReplyDelete